Coconut Honey Shampoo Bar
If you are looking for a chemical-free alternative to regular shampoos, this may be your answer! Shampoo bars aren't for everyone, but they might be right for you. This Coconut Honey shampoo bar is formulated with coconut milk and real honey for extra moisture, plus rhaussoul clay for extra body, and liquid silk to smooth and tame your hair. It works best on normal to dry hair - dry hair especially. This formula is more moisturizing than the Beer & Seaweed formula.
The fragrance is a blend of all-natural essential oils that will remind you of a citrus-honey type scent which may not linger in your hair like the Beer & Seaweed shampoo bar scent does. Not all natural scents will cling to hair.
If you've never tried a shampoo bar before, here are a few things you might want to know:
1. It could take your hair at least 14 days to adjust to using a shampoo bar. In fact, the first couple of days your hair could feel sort of "gunky" as the residue gets broken down.
2. To wash your hair, get your hair really wet, then wet down the shampoo bar and rub it all over your hair. Then use your fingers to work up the lather. Do a really good job of this or you can end up with greasy spots. Rinse and DEFINITELY repeat.
3. Using an apple cider vinegar rinse can help with the transition and help restore the ph of your hair. Hair is made up of tiny scales, and if they come in contact with high pH, those scales stand up...making hair unmanageable and rigid. On the contrary, if they are exposed to low pH, the scales lie down making hair feel soft and silky. I recommend starting with 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. You can dilute it more if it feels too drying.
4. You can use less conditioner when you are using a shampoo bar - some people find they don't need it at all.
5. There is some debate about whether shampoo bars help retain color or cause it to wash out faster. Several seasoned shampoo bar users insist that their color lasts longer, while a couple of my testers thought they saw their color washing out. I haven't personally noticed any difference in my own colored hair either way.
We did separate testing with this shampoo bar and you can see their results here.
Ingredients: olive oil, coconut oil, coconut milk, water, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, hemp oil, avocado oil, honey, rhaussoul clay, silk, and essential oils of orange, bitter almond, fir, litsea cubeba, and ylang ylang.
Approx. 3.6 oz.
Free U.S. shipping when you buy 4 or more soaps!