The same day I made the near-disaster Beer & Seaweed shampoo bars, I also made a small batch of Winter Rose. I used a slightly different rose fragrance this year, but added just a touch of the same lovely frankincense & myrrh essential oil blend. In the mold, it looked like this:
The soap set up fairly quickly, as floral scents are prone to do, but I did manage a quick in-the-mold swirl using a spoon to really churn the whole thing up. I’d like to try this technique again with a fragrance that is better behaved, but this one turned out reasonably well:
Once again, I will make this soap available at Greatcakessoapworks.com after the holidays are over. I’m looking forward to making a few more fun soaps for the Winter collection!