Rather than try to update yesterday’s post on how to make dishwasher soap, I decided to create another one based on the comments I’ve received so far.
1. My dishes came out clean and sparkly last night – yea!!
2. If you have tried the powder recipe and you had trouble with cloudy residue, there are three things to try:
* Try adding a few drops of regular liquid dish soap to the powder compartment when you add the powder.
* You could also try cutting back on the amount of soap used (if you’re using 2 TBS, try cutting it back to 1 – 1 1/2 TBS).
* Make sure to use vinegar in the rinse cycle
3. If you need a liquid dishwasher soap, I discovered that you can just dissolve the borax and baking soda in water, and then use a bit more:
1 part baking soda
1 part borax
1 part water
1 drop lemon or orange essential oil per cup of detergent (I’m sure this is optional)
* Mix the ingredients thoroughly and store in a sealable jug.
* Use 2 to 3 TBS per load.
All of this information came from Tipnut.com
Please be sure to share your experience!