I tested a new soap fragrance today: Sweet Pea & Rhubarb. I never would have thought to pair up those scents myself, but it smells fantastic! The plan is to make some really cute Valentines Day soaps with it, but I wasn’t sure my methods were going to translate into the soap I had created in my head. I am SO glad I took the time to make a test batch! The term “bleeding hearts” took on new meaning for me:
The problem was that the cream-colored soap underneath had set up quicker than the red soap. As I drew my bamboo skewer through the dot of red to make the heart shape, it created a ditch in the cream soap, and the red soap bled out into the ditch. Boo hoo. I tried to fix it, but of course then I just created little pink smudges. The good news is, I think I have a solution to the problem! I’ll just have to wait for this soap to set up so I can take it out of the mold and start over tomorrow. Stay tuned!
P.S. Thank you so much for the overwhelming response to the soap grab bags I posted yesterday. They are all gone!